Baked Chicken Drumstick Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs or 1-1/4 cups fine dry bread crumbs
- 2-1/2 pounds meaty chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
Baked Chicken Drumstick Recipe Instructions:
1. In a bowl combine mustard, thyme, water, garlic, pepper, paprika, and cinnamon. In another bowl or plastic bag place bread crumbs. Coat chicken with mustard mixture, then roll or shake in the bread crumbs. Arrange chicken in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan so pieces do not touch.
2. Cover pan with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
3. When ready to serve, drizzle chicken with melted margarine or butter. Bake chicken, uncovered, in a 375 degree F oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until crisp and tender and no pink remains. Do not turn. Makes 6 servings.